It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Praetorians- Shikkakku's Praetorian WIP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 pm 

TKID: 63613
Lee_C_77 wrote:
Mobility is fine. A lot more movement than a tk.

I just think that snaps are more sturdy than paracord knotted. Jimmi put holes in the arm sections to allow for snaps to be fitted. Same on the screen used.

Kind of seems a shame not to use them.

Huh, I didn't know that! Awesome, thank you for the info. Any pictures and guidance on strapping that you're willing to provide would be most welcome. :)

TR-ROTS Build Status
--Complete and Approved--

TR-Praetorian Guard Build Status
Elite Praetorian Guard- TLJ
   Base Layer: Shirt under construction, Pants received and fit.
   Gloves and Boots: Received and Fit
   Version 1 Armour: Shipping!
   Skirt: Shipping!
   Weapon (Electro-Bisento): 3D Printing and assembly in progress.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:36 am 

Entry #2.1

Minor update today! The 3D printing has started on the electro-bisento. As stated in Entry #1, .stl files were purchased from Empire3D (https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/Empire3Dau).

Image Image Image

Printer is an Ultimaker 2+, with 15%-20% infill. 0.2mm Layer. Since I'm using a university makerspace (which means I have to share space and print time), I have to do everything in piecemeal. I estimate printing to be complete sometime next week (barring any alterations to the .stl files for print space reasons), and then we move on to finishing and assembly. A fellow garrison-member has kindly volunteered to help me with that. :D

Still waiting on the hard parts from Jimmi! Once those come in the real fun begins :)

TR-ROTS Build Status

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:17 am 

Entry #2.2

Another minor update, since nothing significant has happened as I've been quite busy with work and troops.

Electro-Bisento
As of this entry, 10 of 13 components have been successfully 3D printed, one is in-progress, one is being edited to fit into the print space, and another is being re-printed due to an error in production.

To provide stability, there is a 21mm/4/5" diameter space for a pipe or a dowel to be put in the middle of the polearm. However, locally available dowels only come in 1/2" or 1" diameters, so I had to take the 1" diameter and sand it down for a good fit.

and it all comes together like so:

The blade itself comes in 3 pieces, with connector pieces to act as joinery biscuits of sorts to keep the individual pieces aligned and together. Even when split, the top part of the blade is too big for the available print area so we have to slice the original .stl file and create a slot for a 3d-printed connector.

Even so, when partially assembled I start getting a sense of the scale of this weapon. Its going to be large. (12" ruler for scale)

Hopefully by the end of the week everything will be 3D printed and I can move on to finishing the 3D prints and assembly of Bisento Version 1. Planned improvements for future iterations include 3D-printing the blade in one piece and casting in resin/rubber for durability, creating the "texture wrap" effect in the handles, and attaching an electro-filament effect as per the movie.

Armour/Carapace and Skirt

Some good news treated me this morning! The esteemed Jimmiroquai let me know that our kits and skirts are on the way from the Philippines. One of the things that make me really excited for this build is that my armour kit will be from my homeland.... it just makes me really happy to know that I'll be wearing armour made by Filipinos, in the Philippines. It might be a bit silly, I'll admit, but I think I can be allowed a little bit of Pinoy Pride. Armour ETA Friday, if fate smiles. :)

[Edit: next Tuesday now! Hope it doesn't take too much longer than that... the anticipation is killing me. ^^;]

TR-ROTS Build Status

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2