It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:55 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:48 pm 
Detachment Leader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:38 am
Posts: 2115
Location: Star Garrison
TKID: 4126
What boot size are you looking for. Black boots are the optional one. Screen Accurate would be Red suede.

Image


The detachment has let the black boots be the optional for the red.

_________________
Lucious Talvloinne TR-4126 (Stephen Davenport)
Costume Referencer 08-09 Detachment XO 09-10 Detachment CO 10-11 Detachment CO 11-12 Detachment XO 12-13 Detachment XO 13-14 Detachment X0 14-15 Detachment Mentor 15-17 Detachment CO 17-18
Owner of Carnor Jax - Captain Argyus - Revenge of the Sith Royal Guard - Force Unleashed Royal Guard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:48 pm 
Detachment Executive Officer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Recklinghausen, Germany
TKID: 12112
The red suede will be the right ones for RotS and RotJ Guards.
Black will be optional for RotS though.
Red Suede will be the only option for RotJ Guards.
This was corrected in the CRL by myself in the first month of 2017.
Dont know who changed the CRL back.
But this will be corrected in the near future.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 72
TKID: 63613
LuciousTalvloinne wrote:
What boot size are you looking for. Black boots are the optional one. Screen Accurate would be Red suede.


The detachment has let the black boots be the optional for the red.


After talking to some garrison-mates, it has been pointed out to me that the boots do not have a pointed enough toe to meet CRL quals, so the search is back on!

Ideally I take a size 11 US boot, but I usually have to go slightly bigger to accommodate my thunder-calves.

_________________
"Tag and Bink are my ideal Royal Guards"

TR-ROTS Build Status
--Complete and Approved--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:03 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 72
TKID: 63613
Update time! Things have been progressing and stuff has been ordered. Consequently my bank account has started getting sadder and sadder. But that's fine!

Boots and Gloves: I decided to bite the bullet and order both from Imperial Boots. I couldn't find anything that would meet CRL standards for gloves and all the red suede boots I found online would never fit my feet. Cost me a pretty penny, but my garrison-mates and everyone online has said that you really get what you pay for. Even so, I'm a bit worried that the top of the boot won't fit around my calf. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Robes: I got in touch with the seamstress a garrison-mate recommended to me. I'm sending her ref photos and the CRL guidelines and seeing where we go for there.

Bucket: I'm in the process of figuring this one out.

Force Pike: This weekend, I took the guides written by Skellington and Cooldevo and hit the local Home Depot/Canadian Tire/Lowes/Rona. I managed to bodge together a decent-looking pike from a shorty pool cue (48"), some creative use of inline check valves, bilge hoses and a grease gun tip. Completed length is about 54 5/8". I'd appreciate any comments as to whether what I have will pass muster before I commit to painting the darned thing.

Image

My ideal completion deadline would be the Solo premiere at the end of May. Here's hoping I can pull that off!

_________________
"Tag and Bink are my ideal Royal Guards"

TR-ROTS Build Status
--Complete and Approved--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 72
TKID: 63613
Had a planning meeting with my seamstress yesterday. We went over some potential patterns for the outer cloak and inner robe. The inner was simple enough, but the outer cloak will need some figuring out.

Recommendation is to get the inner robe and outer robe lining (same material, will aim for burgundy gabardine) first since the inner cloak will be easy enough to make and we can use the outer cloak lining to "mock up" the outer cloak and get feedback before starting work on the velvet/velveteen.

A question that popped up is whether the back part of the outer robe is made with one or two pieces of fabric. I posted a separate topic on the forum asking whether the back can have a centre seam running down it, so I'll wait for an answer there before committing on buying fabrics.

_________________
"Tag and Bink are my ideal Royal Guards"

TR-ROTS Build Status
--Complete and Approved--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 72
TKID: 63613
The build continues!

Boots and Gloves: Eagerly awaiting the glorious "Order Shipped" from Imperial Boots

Bucket: I ordered one from tk-sonic, we're in the process of getting that sorted.

Robes: I managed to find a great deal on burgundy broadcloth and decided to go for it since gabardine was not available locally. It was cheap enough that I figured we could get started on the inner robe and outer robe lining (which will also serve as a mockup for the outer robes) Though I did go to the fabric district in Toronto to see what I can scrounge up. Most of what I found that were in 60" were stretch velvets though. Can anyone confirm whether stretch velvet is go/no go before I start posting a wackload of pictures?

_________________
"Tag and Bink are my ideal Royal Guards"

TR-ROTS Build Status
--Complete and Approved--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 pm 
Detachment Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:46 am
Posts: 1925
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
TKID: 3676
Shikkakku wrote:
The build continues!

Boots and Gloves: Eagerly awaiting the glorious "Order Shipped" from Imperial Boots

Bucket: I ordered one from tk-sonic, we're in the process of getting that sorted.

Robes: I managed to find a great deal on burgundy broadcloth and decided to go for it since gabardine was not available locally. It was cheap enough that I figured we could get started on the inner robe and outer robe lining (which will also serve as a mockup for the outer robes) Though I did go to the fabric district in Toronto to see what I can scrounge up. Most of what I found that were in 60" were stretch velvets though. Can anyone confirm whether stretch velvet is go/no go before I start posting a wackload of pictures?


Stretch velvet is not an approvable material

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 72
TKID: 63613
stripes wrote:
Shikkakku wrote:
The build continues!

Boots and Gloves: Eagerly awaiting the glorious "Order Shipped" from Imperial Boots

Bucket: I ordered one from tk-sonic, we're in the process of getting that sorted.

Robes: I managed to find a great deal on burgundy broadcloth and decided to go for it since gabardine was not available locally. It was cheap enough that I figured we could get started on the inner robe and outer robe lining (which will also serve as a mockup for the outer robes) Though I did go to the fabric district in Toronto to see what I can scrounge up. Most of what I found that were in 60" were stretch velvets though. Can anyone confirm whether stretch velvet is go/no go before I start posting a wackload of pictures?


Stretch velvet is not an approvable material


Noted, thank you for the reply. The search continues- I might have to go online for fabric.
Though I did find an upholstery velvet at 58" width. Might post a picture later though the quality isn't super great.

_________________
"Tag and Bink are my ideal Royal Guards"

TR-ROTS Build Status
--Complete and Approved--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:45 pm 
Detachment Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:46 am
Posts: 1925
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
TKID: 3676
Shikkakku wrote:
stripes wrote:
Shikkakku wrote:
The build continues!

Boots and Gloves: Eagerly awaiting the glorious "Order Shipped" from Imperial Boots

Bucket: I ordered one from tk-sonic, we're in the process of getting that sorted.

Robes: I managed to find a great deal on burgundy broadcloth and decided to go for it since gabardine was not available locally. It was cheap enough that I figured we could get started on the inner robe and outer robe lining (which will also serve as a mockup for the outer robes) Though I did go to the fabric district in Toronto to see what I can scrounge up. Most of what I found that were in 60" were stretch velvets though. Can anyone confirm whether stretch velvet is go/no go before I start posting a wackload of pictures?


Stretch velvet is not an approvable material


Noted, thank you for the reply. The search continues- I might have to go online for fabric.
Though I did find an upholstery velvet at 58" width. Might post a picture later though the quality isn't super great.


As you are in Canada, I would suggest checking Fabricland for their red Velveteen... added bonus is you can then wash your robes at home and not worry about drycleaning... especially with our crazy weather

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Joining the Guard- ROTS Royal Guard WIP Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 72
TKID: 63613
stripes wrote:
As you are in Canada, I would suggest checking Fabricland for their red Velveteen... added bonus is you can then wash your robes at home and not worry about drycleaning... especially with our crazy weather


I actually did find some red velveteen at Fabricland on sale at $14.4/meter, but I thought that it being only 45" wide will cause issues in making the front and back panels. I'll post a picture later.

_________________
"Tag and Bink are my ideal Royal Guards"

TR-ROTS Build Status
--Complete and Approved--


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net