It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Building an AOTC
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:57 am 

TKID: 35833
Working towartd an AOTC build, here is what I have so far:
  • Bucket: Was thinking of going with Lukannon Armory. His work looks nice and he is working on a run.
  • Robes (inner/outer) and gloves: Found a local seamstress. She specializes in cosplay, saw some of her work, looks promising. Will be posting pics as they become available.
  • Boots: Hesitating between Imperial Boots or Soviet Boots. Comparing prices and shipping, they seem close to each other. Any ideas regarding the quality comparison ?
  • Forcespike: Since building stuff from scratch is not my forte, and seeing as it is not mandatory for a first approval, might postpone this for later

This is what I have at the moment

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Building an AOTC
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:30 pm 
Detachment Executive Officer

TKID: 12112
Welcome and enjoy your build.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:31 am 

TKID: 18887
Sounds like you're onto it. It's a great build but not easy so take it slowly and ask for advice. I wish you all the best. And if you want to know about forcepike building I have a thread with details here and it's not too hard if you build it from a pool cue stick for 8 ball. Get one that screws apart in the middle for ease of transport. You'll also need silver spray paint and some pvc pipe and plumbing fittings. A few other things but that's what I used mainly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:03 pm 

Starting to see things coming around nicely. Received bucket from Lukannon Armory

It looks great.

Found a seamstress willing to work with me for robes. Should have some pics of the softgoods coming shortly :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:04 pm 

CrimsonGuard wrote:
Sounds like you're onto it. It's a great build but not easy so take it slowly and ask for advice. I wish you all the best. And if you want to know about forcepike building I have a thread with details here and it's not too hard if you build it from a pool cue stick for 8 ball. Get one that screws apart in the middle for ease of transport. You'll also need silver spray paint and some pvc pipe and plumbing fittings. A few other things but that's what I used mainly.

Yes I saw your post. Also looking for 3D printing options. Our garrison has some folks that do take orders. Will see. Still have a couple of months.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 pm 
Detachment Webmaster

TKID: 3676
Kasiusa wrote:
CrimsonGuard wrote:

Yes I saw your post. Also looking for 3D printing options. Our garrison has some folks that do take orders. Will see. Still have a couple of months.

With the relatively fine details on the forcepike, 3d printing likely isn't the best option to go here as you'll have a lielyhood of a brittle pike that can snap at any time and becomes a hazard to you and anyone around you. Stick with the pool cue or metal pikes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:53 pm 

stripes wrote:
Kasiusa wrote:
CrimsonGuard wrote:

With the relatively fine details on the forcepike, 3d printing likely isn't the best option to go here as you'll have a lielyhood of a brittle pike that can snap at any time and becomes a hazard to you and anyone around you. Stick with the pool cue or metal pikes.

sorry should have mentioned 3D printing the fine details and adding them to a pool cue or metal pikes.

Thx for the feedback though.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]